10.26.2008

Life is beautiful, or so we make it.

Everyone told us that life was hideous and ugly, that it was dark and cold. Everyone told us that living is hard and that we should never be idealists, we could only survive as realists. People tell us that we cannot grow, that we should not work harder, that life is not about being better. But there's a problem. They were wrong.

Life is only what we make of it. There are two spheres of existence, the mind and the physical world. The physical world is nothing: it is made up of facts and cold ideas and rules, and by nature it has no meaning. The physical world is not ugly, nor is it beautiful. It simply IS, and we are dropped into it. Meaning is created only by the human mind. A woman is only beautiful because we think her such. Murder is only wrong because we have decided so. An object has no meaning, is imbued with it by the opinions and thoughts of each and every human being that views it. Therefore, if life is made up by us, why would we choose to make it hideous?

With nothing but the change of the mind, mankind could end this. The world could become beautiful and glowing, just and perfect. Why haven't we? Why have people decided that we should treat life as if it were hideous and cruel, and sweep it under the rug? Why would we choose to make something unattractive, when we can make it the most beautiful thing to ever exist?

I refuse. I refuse to follow these foolish beliefs. I refuse to believe that the world is evil, that life is hideous. I refuse to believe that I am nothing. I refuse to believe that I am unimportant. I am a god! Life is beautiful! Sadness is not sad, it can be happy as well. I see no darkness, I see no world except that which I create, and there is no darkness in it. I see a world where mankind thrives, where it is united and perfect. I see a world where I rule by a fist that is plated with compassion, and everyone is happy. I see a world that is perfect.

And so it is.

No comments: